Monday, June 14

My Mac Dock

I have recently started following a blog called color me katie that my friend Carolina blogged about.
I have been so inspired by color me katie's outlook on life! the way that art is infused into her everything is so amazing and I wish I was more like that.

She did a post a while back where she teaches you how to change the images for the icons in your dock (if you have a mac). I can not tell you how excited I was to do this!

I used some old images of my hands that I shot for a different project that didn't end up working out.
I think they are perfect for this. If you have a mac you know that when you open a program in your dock or if one wants your attention, it will bounce. So when the icons in my dock bounce it looks like they are going "pick me, pick me." Now the bouncing is more cute and less annoying.


My handsome Jake is my background right now. Not to pat my own back or anything but I really love this photo of him. The colors and the lighting are just so freaking cool and he looks awesome. 
Here it looks like I'm picking his nose. Hee Hee. 

If you want to try this go to color me katie's post here, where she explains exactly how to do this. 
I'm working on another project inspired by something I saw in her site so check back later-ish to see how that turned out. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really creative. I like it. May I suggest also modding the "dock" image. I really like some of the ones on this site: http://www.leoparddocks.com/index.php

Specifically I like the black glossy one ("revamped")

Related Posts with Thumbnails