Tuesday, February 10

take this as a sign?
songs you might need durring the scary moments

1. Ross Copperman (They'll Never Know)
Hush, baby don’t cry. Just get through this night 
Overcome.

2. Robbie Seay Band (Shine Your Light On Us)
Let Your rescue come for us, we long to love 
And if you feel lost, sing along

3. Paramore (Miracle)
I've been waiting for a miracle 
And I'm not leaving

4. Ingrid Michaelson (Keep Breathing)
All i can do is keep breathing.  All we can do is keep breathing now. 
 All we can do is keep breathing 

5. City and Colour (Hello, I'm Delaware)
It's been so long. Sometimes I wonder how I will stay strong...
But I will see you again.


I got a scary phone call today.
The kind people pray they will never get. 

"Rachel, your grandpa is in intensive care." 

And all I could do and fathom and be was in that one sentence. Heart-ending and gut-pounding and soul-crushing as it was, the only thing I knew to do was twist my face into this shocked look that was scary enough to prompt an, "oh my gosh rachel, what happened?" from both my roommates. And I have never felt so helpless. It is hard for me to just pray. To offer up something like the prayer you say even though you know what you ask for might be pointless, but all you have left between you and that thing that scares you the most is a sliver of a hope that your prayer will save you.

yeah, maybe
amen

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails